Christensen Roder provides special tools designed to maximize successful results in extreme operations.
Extended Reach Tool
The ER tool creates gentle pressure pulses that have been proven to help you complete CT operations in extended reach wells and reduce the time to complete an operation. The tool generates pressure pulses which create axial movement in the CT pipe, reducing the onset of lock up. This axial movement reduces friction between the wellbore and the outer diameter of the CT string.
- Variable pressure pulses (the frequency and size of the pulses are directly proportional to the flow rate)
- No downhole settings or adjustments required
- Helps you complete CT operations in extended reach wells
- Reduces friction between the BHA and borehole
- Reduces helical buckling
- Improves weight transfer
- Allows you to complete operations faster
This tool incorporates a rotary drum separator that removes the gas from energized flow before it reaches the downhole motor. Bypassing the gas allows operation of the motor at the design flow rate while simultaneously running high gas flow rates. The tool incorporates a changeable gas orifice that can be sized as needed.
- Removes free nitrogen from the flow through the motor
- Reduces nitrogen damage to stators
- Prevents motor overspeed
- Extends motor life
- Compact length simplifies setup of the BHA
- Accommodates severe doglegs and multilateral completions
- Compatible with common well service fluids
- All units are sour gas compatible